Thursday, February 16, 2006

Knitting Olympics

I've started my project for the Knitting Olympics! I'm almost to the heel of the socks in the Winter issue of Interweave Knits This is my project for the Olympics, so I hope it comes out well. And what's more, I'm going to be teaching other people how to do these next month. Of course, I'm knitting as a member of Team Simpatico.

Should be lots of fun!

My Tom Thumb Sweater class is in full swing, too. The ladies are doing a great job, and I look forward to showing them finishing next weekend. We'll do mattress stitch, the three-needle bind off and, of course, sewing in ends properly. Then, I'll cut them loose on a sweater of their very own!

I'm thinking of doing a fair-isle mitten or tam in the next couple of months, and maybe an intarsia project, too! I want to repeat the sweater class, but teach how to convert the flat pattern to a round one. I also would like to do a small Aran, to teach cables and charted patterns.

If you have any class ideas, I'd love to hear them!

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Purse_Ho said...

you are doing a great job w/ the classes. I"m glad you are at the shop to do them...mr. adorable. ;) hahaha. and your socks are purty. i'm inspired to make them.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Purse_Ho said...

we need a fair isle tam or intarsia tam. :) i love tams!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home