Friday, February 03, 2006

Starting Up

I'm a guy, and I'm a knitter. What's more, I'm teaching other people to knit, at my local yarn shop. That's at Simpatico Yarns. Come visit us in Bedford, TX! I'm teaching a sweater class for beginning knitters, and also a glove class.

What really chaps me at the moment is the state of knitting software. I've used a couple of programs and have been disappointed with their user friendliness. So, I'm going to do better. And I'm going to use the teaching to help pay for this.

My day job is as a software engineer doing systems software. That means I don't have much experience in user interfaces, but I still think I can do better than these crazy programs I've found.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing.


Stay tuned

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Blue said...

You are SO right! You can do better. I have total faith in you! Even though you said I looked like a bum on Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home